Acetyl-L-Carnitine Benefits -
Side Effects of Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Alpha Lipoic Acid may
provide better results for troubles like peyronie
diseases,infertility and erections.
It also enhances production of
Acetyl-L-carnitine is produced naturally in the
body.The greatest amounts are found in muscles, the brain and
in the testicles.
This supplement is known for its potential use
in slowing, and even partially reversing,brain and nerve
deterioration associated with the aging process.
But taken concomitant with alpha-lipoic acid
theses effects are improved.
Dosage Range 500-2500mg daily.
Most Common Dosage 500mg, 2 times a day.
Dosage Forms Capsules and tablets.
- Metabolic activity,Benefits,Effects and
- Acetyl-l-carnitine and testosterone:It utilizes an
energy source (fat) and increases natural testosterone
production. Everyone knows how important testosterone is in
the treatment of depression,male infertility,sexual
dysfunction and fatigue.
- Another fact about its metabolic activity:it works
better than testosterone to improve erections,infertility
- Peyronie and acetyl l carnitine:A study by Biagiotti G
and cavallini G(7/2001) concludes:
- in term of reducing pain,inhibiting Peyronie
progression,reduce penile curvature,this supplement is more
effective than tamoxifen.
- in term of reducing plaque size,ALC and Tamoxifen both
are do it significantly.
-In term of toxicity,Acetyl-L-Carnitine is more safe than
- Acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid:It improves
attention,memory (best when given
in combination with alpha lipoic acid )and mental
performance.It plays a role in the production and
release of acetylcholine, one of the brain's vital
- It supports healthy function of the male reproductive
system and improve intracellular energy transfer.
- It helps to prevent damage to cells caused by alcohol
and reduces the onset of tremors associated with alcohol
withdrawal that makes it useful in the treatment of alcohol
- Effects in elderly patients:It is used to improve
quality of life and treat depression.
- Acetyl-l-carnitine and diabetes:ALC is used to treat
deteriorations of the nervous system and reduce the
development of cataracts associated with diabetes.
- Side effects :
It includes nausea and vomiting.Sleeplessness
may occur if you take this supplement before going to bed.But
remember to tell your doctor if these side effects become
severe or do not disappear.
- Pregnancy/Breast-Feeding :Do not use it if you
are pregnant or breast-feeding an infant without first
consulting a physician.
Health Conditions Related to
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Function